Fox Is Looking for Trouble

"What's wrong with you?" Fox asked Rabbit.
"Times are hard," Rabbit replied. "Trouble's been visiting me."
"Who's Trouble?" said Fox.
Rabbit was surprised. "You don't know Mr. Trouble?" 
"Can't say that I do," Fox replied.
"Well, come on!" said Rabbit. "I'll show you."
Rabbit led Fox to a nearby barn. "Go stick your head in there and yell, 'I'm looking for Trouble' and you'll find out."
Rabbit hid in the bushes while Fox stuck his head in the barn door. "I'm looking for trouble!" 
A pack of dogs came bounding out, howling and yowling. Fox barely escaped with his life.


Inspired by: The Days when the Animals Talked by William J. Faulkner.
Notes: This is "Brer Fox Meets Mister Trouble."

 

2 comments:

  1. Haha if Brer Fox still hasn't learned that Brer Rabbit likes to play tricks on him then he never will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not his fault he has a trusting nature. A lot of us do mate;

      Delete