~ 81. Duryodhana Summons Draupadi ~


Shakuni's success in the gambling match thrilled Duryodhana. He had taken everything from his cousin Yudhishthira.
Everything.
"Bring Draupadi here!" he commanded his brother Dushasana. "She is my slave now, a queen no longer."
But when Dushasana told Draupadi what had happened, she refused to come. "Ask Duryodhana whether my husband had lost himself already when he staked me," she said angrily. "If he had lost himself, he could not stake me afterwards."
When Dushasana returned to the assembly hall and repeated Draupadi's words, Duryodhana howled in rage. "She is my slave!" he shouted. "Bring her here now. No excuses!"



Inspired byThe Mahabharata: A Shortened Modern Prose Version by R. K. Narayan
Notes: This story is from Chapter 7: Stakes Unmatched.

Draupadi and Dushasana

No comments:

Post a Comment