~ 164. Duryodhana Hides in the Lake ~


Of Gandhari's hundred sons, only Duryodhana was left. He used a mantra to disappear under the waters of a lake, but Yudhishthira detected him.
"You can't hide, Duryodhana!" he shouted.
"I'm not hiding," Duryodhana replied. "I'm cooling my inner fire. The world is yours now: take it all, everything! You have won!"
"Very generous!" replied Yudhishthira. "But earlier, you would not give us our half of the kingdom, nor five villages, nor even a needlepoint of land."
Duryodhana emerged from the water, wielding his mace. "I'm still here, and I will fight you all," he shouted angrily, "one by one."



Inspired byThe Mahabharata: A Shortened Modern Prose Version by R. K. Narayan
Notes: This story is from Chapter 15: Delirium of Destruction.




No comments:

Post a Comment