~ 103. Sugriva Becomes Rama's Ally ~


Hanuman brought Rama and Lakshmana to Sugriva, who was hiding from his brother Vali on Rishyamukha Hill.
"We heard a woman screaming, and we saw a flying chariot. Then, we found these," Sugriva said, showing Rama Sita's jewelry.
Rama wept, and he told Sugriva his story. 
Then Sugriva told Rama his story. "I too am in exile. My brother Vali took the throne from me. I too have lost my wife. My brother Vali took her from me."
Rama and Sugriva became allies.
"I will help you kill Vali," said Rama.
"And I will help you find Sita," said Sugriva.


Inspired by: Sita: An Illustrated Retelling of the Ramayana by Devdutt Pattanaik
Notes: This story is on p. 168 of the book. In Valmiki's Ramayana, this is the Kishkindha Kanda (Book 4), sarga 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment