Trying to Rob Nasruddin

Nasruddin awoke to the sound of a burglar in his house. He got out of bed and went to speak to him.
"Don't be afraid," said Nasruddin in a friendly tone. "I know you've come here to rob me, so but you won't succeed."
"What do you mean I won't succeed?" asked the burglar, who was now thoroughly confused.
"I mean you're not going to find anything here worth taking. It's dark now, of course, so you can't see things clearly. But you're looking for something here in the dark that I can't even find when it's broad daylight."


Inspired byMulla's Donkey and Other Friends by Mehdi Nakosteen
Notes: This story is on p. 44 of the book. This fits into the genre of Nasruddin stories about robbers: either the joke depends on Nasruddin being too poor to rob (as in this story), or else the story is about Nasruddin robbing the robbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment