~ 102. Nasruddin and the Neighbor's Dog ~



The neighbor's dog bit Nasruddin. After bandaging the wound, Nasruddin went next door to the neighbor to complain.
"That vicious dog of yours just bit me!" Nasruddin shouted.
"I'm very sorry to hear that," said the neighbor. "He's really a very nice dog. Let me go in the kitchen and get some bread. Then you can feed him the bread yourself, and he'll be your friend forever."
"That's a terrible idea!" said Nasruddin. "If I do that, your dog will tell all the other dogs in town, and then all those dogs will come here trying to bite me too."



Inspired byMulla's Donkey and Other Friends by Mehdi Nakosteen
Notes: This story is on p. 100 of the book. This same story shows up as an Aesop's fable, as illustrated here: The Man Bit by a Dog (the story goes back to the ancient Roman poet Phaedrus).



No comments:

Post a Comment