What Nasruddin's Wife Dreamed

Nasruddin's wife was tossing and turning in the bed, moaning and shrieking, so Nasruddin shook her awake. "What's wrong?" he asked.
"I dreamed I climbed the minaret," she told him. "And then I fell and hit the ground. They put me in a coffin and buried me in the cemetery. Then I saw something glowing in the dark. It was a heap of gold coins. I was about to grab some gold coins when you woke me."
"Oh no, what have I done?" said Nasruddin. "Go back to sleep right away! Maybe you'll still be able to grab some coins."


Inspired byMulla's Donkey and Other Friends by Mehdi Nakosteen
Notes: This story is on p. 36 of the book. I changed this from the version in the book. In the book, Nasruddin wakes her just as they were about to take her to the cemetery for her funeral, and he regrets waking her at that crucial moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment