Dinner Preparations

It was mid-afternoon, and Nasruddin was yelling at his wife even more loudly than usual, which aroused his neighbors' curiosity.
When Nasruddin came outside later, one of the neighbors asked what was wrong.
"I was yelling at my wife for ruining dinner by burning the beautiful eggplants I bought at the market," he explained.
"Do you mean last night's dinner?" asked the neighbor.
"No," replied Nasruddin, "I mean tonight's dinner. I decided to yell at her now to make sure she won't burn the eggplants later tonight. Yelling at her after the eggplants are already burned won't do any good."


Inspired byMulla's Donkey and Other Friends by Mehdi Nakosteen
Notes: This story is on p. 42 of the book. Nakosteen tells the story about Nasruddin and his daughter, where he punishes the girl for breaking a pitcher before she breaks it. I changed it to be about Nasruddin and his wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment