~ 22. Payment in Kind ~



Nasruddin's neighbor stormed into Nasruddin's house.
"I demand justice!" the neighbor shouted. "Just now your dog viciously attacked my wife and bit her on the foot. You're going to have to pay!"
"Don't worry," Nasruddin replied calmly. "We can easily arrange payment in kind."
"What do you mean?" asked the neighbor.
"For example, I could send my wife to your house, and your dog could bite her on the foot," Nasruddin explained. "There is also this option: your wife could come over here and she could bite my dog on the foot. I'll let you decide what would be best."



Inspired byMulla's Donkey and Other Friends by Mehdi Nakosteen
Notes: This story is on p. 42 of the book. I added the part about the neighbor's wife coming over to bite the dog; that was not in the original story.


No comments:

Post a Comment