~ 21. Nasruddin and the Case of the Cow ~



Nasruddin's neighbor came running up, shouting loudly. "There's been a terrible accident!" he said to Nasruddin.
"What happened?" asked Nasruddin, alarmed.
"Your ox got loose and gored my cow to death," the neighbor explained. "Someone will have to pay!"
"What do you mean?" replied Nasruddin. "Surely you can't hold me responsible for what my ox did to your cow."
"Oh," said the neighbor, "I apologize. I must have gotten my words mixed up! I meant to say that my ox got loose and gored your cow to death."
"Oh!" said Nasruddin. "That changes everything. Someone really will have to pay!"



Inspired by: The Funniest Tales of Mullah Nasruddin by Clifford Sawhney
Notes: This is story 3 in the book. This story later becomes part of the Aesopic tradition as well: The Partial Judge.




No comments:

Post a Comment