~ 11. Nasruddin Reports a Stolen Donkey ~



A thief had stolen Nasruddin's donkey, so Nasruddin went to the police station to report the crime, hoping that the police would find the donkey-thief and get his donkey back.
"I want to report a theft!" Nasruddin shouted. "Someone has stolen my donkey. I need your help!"
The police officer took out a piece of paper, ready to write down Nasruddin's account of the events.
"Tell me what happened," he said.
"How can I possibly do that?" Nasruddin exclaimed. "I wasn't there when it happened! If I'd been there, I would have stopped the thief before he took my donkey."



Inspired by: The Uncommon Sense of the Immortal Mullah Nasruddin by Ron Suresha
Notes: This is story 107 in the book. In some versions, Nasruddin is indignant about finding himself in a police station, not wanting to have anything to do with the criminal element.




No comments:

Post a Comment