The Rabbit in the Lion's Skin

Rabbit had killed King Lion. Then he put on Lion's skin and went to Lion's village.
"I'm not feeling well," he told the Queen. "Kill me an ox."
The Queen obeyed.
Rabbit ate that ox, then another, and another.
Then he ate the goats and sheep. Everything.
"Now bring me my money!" he ordered the Queen.
The Queen obeyed. 
"My King," she said cautiously, "you smell very bad. Your skin is rotting."
"I know," Rabbit said, snarling. "I'll use this money to pay a doctor to cure me."
Then Rabbit ran off, taking all of King Lion's money with him!



Inspired by: "Lion Skin" in The Life of a South African Tribe: volume 2 by Henri Junod, 1912.
Notes: You can read the original story online.

1 comment:

  1. Haha how stupid must Queen Lion have been to believe all that? Rabbit is a brilliant con-artist with a huge brain!

    ReplyDelete