Rabbit Does the King a Favor

Rabbit was going to marry a beautiful princess.
Before the wedding, the king summoned Rabbit and said, "I need you to do me a favor."
"Gladly," said Rabbit.
"Bury this sack of money someplace safe," said the king, handing Rabbit a heavy sack.
Rabbit toted the sack away. "This sack sure is heavy," he thought to himself, "and I need a new suit. The king's practically my father-in-law, so he won't mind if I take a little money."
But when Rabbit opened the sack, two big dogs jumped out and chased him.
Rabbit never did get to marry the princess.



Inspired by: Terrapin's Pot of Sense by Harold Courlander.
Notes: This story is a "Rabbit Seeks Endowments" type of story, where the king sets Rabbit three tasks. The first two tasks are getting the sack of blackbirds and the teeth of a live snake; this is the third task..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment