~ 94. Jayadratha Comes to the Forest ~


Draupadi was surprised to see Jayadratha, King of Sindhu, approach their forest camp in his chariot; he was the husband of Duryodhana's sister, Duhshala.
"Perhaps he brings a message from Hastinapura," Draupadi thought. 
"My husbands are hunting," she explained, "but they will return soon."
"I came to see you!" Jayadratha replied. "Leave this wretched wilderness and come with me. I'll be your new husband."
"How dare you!" Draupadi screamed as Jayadratha grabbed her.
"You're a whore for the taking," Jayadratha shouted at her angrily. "And I'm going to take you!" 
He then threw her in his chariot and rode away.


Inspired by: Jaya: An Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharataby Devdutt Pattanaik.
Notes: This story is on p. 162.



No comments:

Post a Comment