~ 76. King Yudhishthira Makes a Vow ~


Vyasa left his forest ashram to visit his grandsons. "I have seen alarming omens," he told the Pandavas. "The next thirteen years are filled with danger, and your actions will lead to terrible consequences. All the kshatriyas might perish. Your fate will be their doom, King Yudhishthira."
Yudhishthira then took a vow. "For the next thirteen years, I will speak no harsh word to anyone. Harsh words lead to conflict; with soft words, I will create no discord. By this vow I seek to avert my fate."
Meanwhile, Duryodhana returned to Hastinapura, where he plotted revenge with his uncle Shakuni.



Inspired byThe Mahabharata: A Shortened Modern Prose Version by R. K. Narayan
Notes: This story is from Chapter 6: City of Splendour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment