~ 86. Duryodhana Demands a Rematch ~


"Summon Yudhishthira to play another game," Duryodhana shouted at his father. "Quickly, before they gather their armies and attack us."
"My own nephews... attack us?" Dhritarashtra exclaimed. "It's unthinkable!"
"Jackals howled the night you were born, my son," moaned Gandhari, "an omen that you would bring destruction upon us. Now I realize the prophecies were true. Calm your rage, I beg you."
But Duryodhana refused to listen to his mother and father. "Send a messenger on the swiftest horse," he commanded. "Bring Yudhishthira back here for another game of dice. With Shakuni's help I'll finish him once and for all."



Inspired byThe Mahabharata: A Shortened Modern Prose Version by R. K. Narayan
Notes: This story is from Chapter 7: Stakes Unmatched.




No comments:

Post a Comment