~ 11. Tiger Helps Anansi to Get Meat ~


Anansi kept tricking Tiger, and Tiger wanted revenge!
"Come eat breakfast with me," Tiger told Anansi, and he fed Anansi lots of meat.
"How did you get all that meat?" Anansi asked.
"It's easy!" said Tiger. "I go where the cows are. When a cow lies down, I stick my hand inside and grab the cow's guts. Then I pull it out. You have to pull hard, and don't let go."
Anansi did what Tiger said, but the cow ran and dragged Anansi over the rocks.
That's why Anansi's belly is white: his skin got scraped off by the rocks!


Inspired byJamaica Anansi Stories by Martha Warren Beckwith
Notes: This is story 6 in the book. Beckwith heard this story from Richard Morgan; additional information in Beckwith's notes. You can read about Anansi and Tiger's breakfast here: Tiger and Anansi Eating Breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment