~ 184. Nasruddin the Archer ~



Tamerlane and his generals were boasting about their archery skills.
"I'm a rather skilled archer myself," proclaimed Nasruddin.
"Is that so?" said Tamerlane, laughing. "Come and show us!"
That was not what Nasruddin expected...
Tamerlane led them all to a field where targets had been set up. Nasruddin's first shot didn't even hit the target.
"I'm just showing you how my father used to shoot."
The next shot landed on the outside rim of the target.
"That's how my brother shoots," Nasruddin said.
On his third shot, Nasruddin hit the center. "And that," he exclaimed triumphantly, "is how I shoot!"

Inspired byMulla's Donkey and Other Friends by Mehdi Nakosteen
Notes: This story is on p. 143 of the book. Nakosteen's version is not about Tamerlane, but I've seen this story told about Tamerlane, so I added him in.


No comments:

Post a Comment