A Guide to the Microfables

Now that this project has really taken shape (over 1000 drabbles at the site so far!), I've written this guide to what's going on here:

Adding new stories. I'm trying to add at least a few new stories every day. That's a virtue of microfables: it doesn't take too much time to do that! During the summer, I will be publishing some OER books based on what I've accumulated.
First OER book in final drafting: 200 Stories of Nasruddin.
Also coming this summer: Stories of India, plus a book of Aesop's fables.

Ongoing projects. You can see the general categories in the left-hand sidebar of the blog. My summer focus is NasruddinIndia, and Aesop, plus a growing collection of Sufi stories. Next up after those four projects are complete will be Anansi and Brer Rabbit. (I'm working on new Anansi stories right now.)

Randomizing Widgets. I like making randomizers (this whole project started out as a Nasruddin randomizer!), so as I create new subcollections here, I make randomizers for them. You can browse the randomizers and use them at your own website or blog. They will work anywhere that javascript is allowed, and if you need a trick to make them display inside an LMS like Canvas, just let me know, and I can show you how to do that.

Here's a random story:







No comments:

Post a Comment