~ 70. Nasruddin and the Wind ~



Nasruddin was raiding a garden when the garden's owner caught him in the act.
"What are you doing?" shouted the owner.
"Well, you see," said Nasruddin, trying to think of an explanation, "I was blown here by the wind."
"What about all those vegetables lying here that someone has pulled up out of the ground?"
"I grabbed hold of those vegetables to stop my flight," Nasruddin replied.
"And what about that big bag full of vegetables you are holding in your hand?"
"This is ballast," said Nasruddin, "in case the wind starts blowing and tries to carry me off again!"



Inspired by: The Uncommon Sense of the Immortal Mullah Nasruddin by Ron Suresha
Notes: This is story 23 in the book. In other versions of the story, when the owner asks Nasruddin why there are vegetables in the bag he is holding, he doesn't have an answer: "I'll admit that I was wondering about that myself," he says.





No comments:

Post a Comment